The Gstaad Conducting Academy is the lynchpin of the Gstaad Academy and offers rising conductors an opportunity of working with a professional orchestra - the Gstaad Festival Orchestra (GFO) which is made up of musicians from Switzerland's leading orchestras. Some of the best students from international high schools are selected every year to play with the GFO as interns.
Besides giving several concerts in the scope of the Gstaad Conducting Academy, the GFO represents the Gstaad Menuhin Festival with concerts in Gstaad and on tour.
In addition, the students receive individual lessons from their section leader and during the internship an audition training will be organised.
Do you play any additional instruments? (e.g. english horn, e-flat clarinet, ...)
Where did you hear about the Gstaad academy?
Do you have any notes?
Videos sind Voraussetzung (Details unten) und ersetzen das Live-Probespiel.
For the GFO internship application a representative video recording of the audition repertoire is required. The Excerpts must be recorded and sent without cutting, in any order.
- Mozart, Clarinet Concerto, 1st mvt, exposition (if possible with piano)
- One movement of a romantic Sonata of your choice (e.g. Brahms, Schumann) with piano OR Quintett/Quartett with strings, OR a live recording of a romantic concerto with orchestra
Excerpts (from «Orchester Probespiel», EP8661):
- Beethoven: Symphony No. 6, 1st, 2nd & 3rd mvt
- Kodaly: Tänze aus Galanta (bars 31 to 65)
- Shostakovich: Symphony No. 9, 3rd mvt
- Prokofieff: Peter und der Wolf
The Excerpts must be recorded and sent without cutting, in any order.