All applicants are required to record the Ferdinand David: Trombone Concerto, 1st movement, without cadenza and the excerpts for the preliminary round.
Due to the pandemic and the different levels of lockdown the concerto is to be recorded without piano accompaniment.
Please start all recordings with showing your ID or passport.
All recordings have to be in one take, one recording per round and you mustn't talk.
A selected group of candidates will be invited to record two additional videos and send in no later than May 6th for the first and second round (candidates will be contacted and informed), after which we'll make another selection, and organize a final round in Gothenburg this coming spring.
Johan Nordin, Orchestra Manager,
+46 31 726 53 60, firstname.lastname@example.org
Union representative Symf:
Hans Hernqvist, email@example.com
Orchestral excerpts for round 1 and 2:
1. Wagner: Die Walküre
2. G. Rossini: William Tell Overture
3. C. Nielsen: Symphony no. 2
4. (a&b) G. Mahler: Symhony no. 5
5. R. Strauss: Also sprach Zarathustra
6. A.Bruckner: Symphony no. 7
7. G. Mahler: Symphony no. 6
8. (a&b) C. Nielsen: Symphony no. 4
9. G. Mahler: Symphony no.2
10. N. Rimsky-Korsakow: Scheherazade
11. L. Bernstein: Symphonic Dances
Video(s) required for pre-selection purposes only (details below). Does not replace the live audition.
Repertoire list for the pre-round:
Ferdinand David: Trombone Concerto, 1st movement, without cadenza.
1. Mozart: Tuba Mirum, Trb2
2. R.Strauss: Ein Heldenleben, Trb2
3. Haydn: The Creation, Trb3
Before you start playing, we ask you to show your ID or Passport. Both the concerto and the excerpts must be recorded in the same take and you mustn't talk.