The HK Phil is recruiting a Second Flute / Utility to join the orchestra in 2021/22 Season.
For shortlisting purpose, please submit an unedited video recording of the mandatory piece as well as all of the orchestral excerpts (see below) no later than 21 March 2021. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to perform a live audition in Hong Kong, tentatively in May/June 2021. If compulsory quarantine measures are still in place, the live audition will be postponed and shortlisted candidates will be notified of the new date once quarantine measures have been lifted.
Travel expenses and hotel accommodation will be covered for overseas shortlisted candidates to attend live audition in Hong Kong.
Employee benefits include: medical and dental insurance, life insurance, instrument insurance.
Mozart Flute Concerto No. 1 in G Major, K.313 (1st mvt & 2nd mvt)
1. Mendelssohn Midsummer Night’s Dream, Scherzo
2. Debussy L’apres-midi d’un faune
3. Smetana The Moldau
4. Bartók Concerto for Orchestra
5. Tchaikovsky Symphony No. 4
6. Prokofiev Classical Symphony
7. Mendelssohn Italian Symphony
Flute 2 / piccolo
8. Ravel Daphnis & Chloe, Suite No. 2
9. Dvořák Symphony No. 9
10. Ravel Mother Goose Suite
11. Shostakovich Symphony No. 10
12. Britten Four Sea Interludes
13. Ravel Bolero
14. Rossini Semiramide Overture
15. Stravinsky Firebird, Variation de l’oiseau de feu
Please tell us briefly why you would like to join the HK Phil and what your motivations are.
Video(s) required for pre-selection purposes only (details below). Does not replace the live audition.
Video Recording Guidelines
In support of your application, besides the optional pieces and the required orchestral excerpts, you are welcome to provide (if any) videos of your recitals, solo performances etc.