- There are two parts to the selection procedure. Firstly an audition is held to assess if the candidate has the required artistic qualities to be considered for the position. Secondly, an interview takes place in which the candidates affinity with the orchestra, his/her social skills and qualities will be discussed and assessed.
- Applications should be sent in writing (by email) indicating motivation for applying along with a Curriculum Vitae.
- The auditions are only open to EU citizens and citizens from Iceland, Switzerland, Norway and Liechtenstein, or other musicians already holding a non-temporary residence permit for the Netherlands with full work authorization. Selection for the audition will be made based on the written applications.
- The application, along with proof of nationality and copies of work and residence permits where required, must be received by August 25, 2021.
Based on the current corona measures, the audition can take place. The NNO follows the guidelines of the government: https://www.government.nl/topics/coronavirus-covid-19 and states with the invitation for the audition what the current corona measures are that the candidates must adhere to.
1. W.A. Mozart: violin concerto of your choice: no. 3 (KV 216), no. 4 (KV 218) or no. 5 (KV 219), 1st movement with cadenza.
2. First movement from one of the following violin concertos: Beethoven, Brahms, Tchaikovsky or Sibelius.
1. Orchestral works:
- Mozart Symphony No. 39 (Violin 2)
- Mozart Die Zauberflöte Overtüre (Violin 1)
- Mendelssohn Midsummer Night’s Dream (Violin 2)
- Brahms Piano Concerto No. 1 (Violin 2)
- Schumann Symphony No. 2 (Violin 1)
- Bruckner Symphony No. 9 (Violin 2)
- Straus Don Juan (Violin 1)
- Bartok Concerto for orchestra (Violin 2)
- Beethoven Symphony No. 9 (Violin 1)
- Mozart String Quartet No. 17 (only the 1st movement) in Bb Major,
K. 458 (Violin 2)
- Mendelssohn String Quartet opus 44 No. 1 part 3 (Violin 2)