THE ROYAL SWEDISH OPERA
ROYAL SWEDISH ORCHESTRA MUSIC DIRECTOR ALAN GILBERT
100% permanent employment with a trial period as agreed.
The audition will take place by personal invitation on the 6 October 2022 at the Royal Swedish Opera House, Jacobs Torg 4, 105 69 Stockholm.
In the first instance, applications by CV only. Upon receipt of CV applicants will be notified of the following:
a) Invitation directly to Live audition based on CV or
b) Invitation for a video recording for a digital Pre selection
Applicant is asked to submit a video recording of the following repertoire:
Hoffmeister or Stamitz, Mvt. 1 without piano accompaniment
Delibes: from Coppelia, No. 32, La Paix (Pas de deux)
1. Delibes: from Coppelia, No. 32, La Paix (Pas de deux)
2. Britten: from Peter Grimes, act 2 (two excerpts)
3. Wagner: from Die Walküre, act 3, bar 1515-1535
4. Stenhammar: from Serenad, Mvt. III, Scherzo
5. Brahms: from Symphony No. 4, Mvt IV, bar 41-80
6. Mendelssohn: from A Midsummer Night's Dream
7. Puccini: from Tosca, act 2
8. Mozart: from String Quintet, g minor, K. 516
9. Brahms: from String Quartet, No. 3, Mvt. 3
Please note: Any bowings and fingerings are not compulsory for the applicant to use. Every applicant can choose his or her own bowings and fingerings.
Closing date for all applications with CV is 8 August 2022. For excerpts and detailed instructions, please see muvac.com (opens in new window). Register your application at www.muvac.com
For queries regarding the audition, please contact email@example.com
Kungliga Hovkapellet (The Royal Swedish Orchestra) has been at the heart of Swedish culture for almost 500 years. Founded in 1526 as the orchestra to the Royal Court, it became the orchestra of the Royal Swedish Opera in 1773. Today, Kungliga Hovkapellet consists of 105 musicians. It performs around 200 operas and ballets each season along with regular symphonic and chamber concerts.