The Concertmaster Artist Diploma of Accademia Stauffer is the first advanced training course in the world for Concertmaster. It will be held by lead violinists from ten of Europe’s most important orchestras.
Each month for 10 months, students will have the opportunity to meet and study with one highly respected concertmaster, working on the orchestral and solo repertoire, developing leadership and musicianship skills and expanding their network in the international music community.
Noah Bendix-Balgley (Berliner Philharmoniker)
Lorenza Borrani (Chamber Orchestra of Europe)
Laura Marzadori (Orchestra del Teatro alla Scala)
Vesko Eschkenazy (Concertgebouworkest)
Andrea Obiso (Orchestra dell’Accademia Nazionale di Santa Cecilia)
Lisa Schatzman (Luzerner Sinfonieorchester)
Roman Simovic (London Symphony Orchestra)
Volkhard Steude (Wiener Philarmoniker)
Olga Volkova (Mariinsky Theatre Orchestra)
Hanna Weinmeister (Philharmonia Zürich).
All the admitted students will receive a full scholarship, a unique opportunity in the system of higher music education.
Applications are open until 15th August 2021.
Accademia Stauffer is hosted at the Stauffer Center for Strings in Cremona, the first international music centre entirely dedicated to the higher education of strings.
- Exposition and Cadenza from Mozart Concerto No. 4 or 5
- Exposition of a Romantic Concerto
Two excerpts from:
- Beethoven: Symphony No. 9, mvt III (mm 99-114).
- Tchaikovsky: Nutcracker, overture (last 49 measures, top line only).
- Verdi: Traviata, Act III Prelude
- Schumann: Symphony No. 2, mvt II (mm 1-54).
- Strauss: Don Juan (First Page, from the beginning to 13th after C)
Two solos from:
- Haydn: Symphony No. 6 “Le Matin”, mvt II (mm 18-43)
- Brahms: Symphony No. 1, mvt II (from letter E to the end)
- Rimsky-Korsakov: Scheherazade, mvt. II (from the beginning to A)
- Tchaikovsky: Swan lake Suite No. 4 (rehearsal 26 to the end)