The Rotterdam Philharmonic Orchestra Academy offers talented young musicians an extensive orchestral program in one of Europe’s leading symphony orchestras.
During the 2023-2024 season we offer:
The live audition will be held in Concertgebouw de Doelen, Kruisstraat 2, 3012 CT Rotterdam.
For the live audition you choose:
· Koussevitsky Concerto – 1st. movement (orchestral tuning)
· Bottessini Concerto – 1st movement (orchestral tuning)
1. W.A. Mozart Symphonie no. 40 mov. 1& 4
2. L. van Beethoven Symphonie no. 5 mov. 2& 3
3. M. Mussorgsky Pictures at an Exhibition
4. G. Mahler Symphonie no.2 mov. 1
5. J.S. Bach Orchestra suite no.2 - Badinerie
What is your motivation to join the Rotterdam Philharmonic Orchestra Academy?
Se requiere(n) vídeo(s) para la preselección (especificar abajo).
1. W.A. Mozart - Symphony no. 40 - mov. 1 & 4
2. L. van Beethoven - Symphony no. 5 - mov. 2 & 3
3. L. van Beethoven - Symphony no.9 - mov. 4 (Recitative)
4. R. Strauss - Ein Heldenleben
Deadline to submit your video recording is 30 January 2023.
Audition recording guidelines:
Your excerpts should be recorded in a single take to replicate a live audition.
In between the different excerpts you are allowed to re-tune or clean your instrument if necessary. This must remain part of the integral recording. Time may be taken between works, just as may happen in a live audition.
You have to be visible from the front, from head to toe at all times including your hands.
Edited recordings are inadmissible.
Please record in a room with a dry/medium dry acoustic.
You may use a phone or tablet with a good internal microphone, or preferably with an external microphone attachment. A laptop with a USB microphone or microphone connected to an audio interface, or a sound recorder with build-in camera, or combined with video from phone/tablet or camera.