Full-time coordinating principal position, 70% performance.
Please be advised:
- The jury may make a pre-selection before inviting candidates.
- On the day of the audition, invited candidates need to be present by 9:30 AM at the very latest.
- Tuning: A = 442 Hz.
- Brussels Philharmonic does not reimburse travel and accommodation expenses.
- Invited candidates will receive an e-mail with more practical information a few days before the audition.
- Franz Schubert: Sonata 'Arpeggione' in a, D 821 No. 8 (1st movement)
Second round, choose from:
- Bela Bart6k: Viola Concerto, Sz. 120, Op. posth. (1st movement until Lento parlando)
- William Walton: Viola Concerto (1st movement)
- Paul Hindemith: Der Schwanendreher (1st movement)
- Cecil Forsyth: Viola Concerto in g (1st movement)
Orchestral excerpts (first and second round):
- George Enescu: Romanian Rhapsody No. 1 in A, Op. 11
- Richard Strauss: Don Quixote, TrV 184, Op. 35
- Ludwig van Beethoven: Symphony No. 5 in c, Op. 67
- Zoltán Kodály: Háry János Suite
- W.A. Mozart: Symphony No. 35 in D, KV 385, 'Haffner'
- Richard Strauss: Don Juan, TrV 156, Op. 20
- Igor Stravinsky: Concerto in Eb, 'Dumbarton Oaks'
- Dmitri Shostakovich: Symphony No. 5 in d, Op. 47
- Franz Schubert: Symphony No. 4 in c, D 417, 'Tragic'
- Edward Elgar: Variations on an Original Theme, Op. 36, 'Enigma Variations'
- Maurice Ravel: Ma mère l'Oye
- Maurice Ravel: Daphnis et Chloé, Suite No. 2
- Guillaume Connesson: Maslenitsa