PLEASE NOTE THE DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS HAS BEEN PUSHED TO OCTOBER 4 at 6PM (Paris time).
A complete presentation of the project is available as attachment under "Downloads".
The application must be received no later than 4th October 2019 at 6PM Paris time.
Applications must be accompanied by the following documents and videos:
1. Under "Documents" (in your muvac profile), please upload:
- A 250 words biography;
- A HD portrait photo;
- A repertoire list;
- A letter of recommendation.
2. Under "Videos": please link two videos to your muvac profile featuring performances of contrasting extracts with at least one work from the major Classical or Romantic cello repertoire.
Any incomplete application won’t be taken into consideration.
Age limit: 27 on November 1st, 2019
TERMS & CONDITIONS
There is no enrolment fee. Participation in the “Classe d’Excellence de Violoncelle” is free of charge.
All costs related to the live auditions, including travel and accommodations are at the candidates’ expense.
SESSIONS “Classe d’Excellence de Violoncelle”
For each selected participant, travel and accommodation expenses will be reimbursed upon presentation of appropriate receipts and as follows:
• Musicians from the Ile-de-France region: Reimbursed up to 100€ per monthly 3-day session;
• Musicians from within France but outside the Ile-de-France region: Reimbursed up to 200€ per monthly 3-day session;
• Musicians from abroad: Reimbursed up to 300€ per monthly 3-day session.
During all sessions at the Fondation Louis Vuitton, lunchtime meals will be covered.
Should the candidate be selected, by enrolling in the 2019-2020 season of the “Classe d’Excellence de Violoncelle”, he/she agrees to:
• Organise and cover his/her accommodations and travel (round-trip) to Paris, France;
• Organise and cover all administrative steps necessary relative to his/her stay in Paris, France (including applying for an obtaining a visa);
• Be available and present during all the anticipated sessions of the 2019-2020 “Classe d’Excellence de Violoncelle”.
Vidéo(s) obligatoire(s), uniquement pour la présélection (veuillez spécifier ci-joint). Ne remplace pas le concours sur place.
Number of videos required: 2
- Performances of contrasting extracts with at least one work from the major Classical or Romantic cello repertoire;
- Videos should reflect the current level of the candidate and preferably be no older than 1 year.