THE ROYAL SWEDISH OPERA
ROYAL SWEDISH ORCHESTRA MUSIC DIRECTOR ALAN GILBERT
PRINCIPAL VIOLIN 2
100% permanent employment with a trial period as agreed.
The audition will take place by personal invitation on the 14 October 2022 at the Royal Swedish Opera House, Jacobs Torg 4, 105 69 Stockholm.
In the first instance, applications by CV only. Upon receipt of CV applicants will be notified of the following:
a) Invitation directly to Live audition based on CV or
b) Invitation for a video recording for a digital Pre selection
Applicant is asked to submit a video recording of the following repertoire:
1. Mozart, Marriage of Figaro Ouverture complete, violin 1.
2. Strauss, from Elektra towards the end, violin 3, 215a to one bar before 237a.
3. Bach, one alternative of candidates own choice from the following three:
- Menuet II and Bourée from Solo Partita in E major (BWV 1006) - Sarabande from Solo Partita in B minor (BWV 1002) - Corrente from Solo Partita in D minor (BWV 1004)
Solo Bach chosen from Pre selection 3.
First movement with cadenza from one of the following romantic concertos: Mendelssohn/ Brahms/ Tchaikovsky/ Sibelius or Beethoven.
1. Wagner: Die Walküre, act 2, scene 3,
2. Mozart: Le nozze di Figaro, no. 23, upbeat to bar 43 – 175
3. Puccini: Tosca, act 3, “E lucevan le stelle”, bar 126 - 142
4. Strauss: Elektra, 144a – 151a
5. Gluck: Orfeus and Euridice, “Che faro senza Euridice”
6. Berg: Wozzeck, act 2, bar 713 - 736
1. Mozart: Le nozze di Figaro, no. 5, Duettino
2. Bartok: String quartet no. 4, first movement, bar 1-13
3. Puccini: Crisantemi
4. Haydn: String quartet, Op. 76, no. 4, “Sunrise”, Menuetto and Trio
Please note: Any bowings and fingerings are not compulsory for the applicant to use. Every applicant can choose his or her own bowings and fingerings.
Closing date for all applications with CV is 8 August 2022. For excerpts and detailed instructions, please see muvac.com (opens in new window). Register your application at www.muvac.com
For queries regarding the audition, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Kungliga Hovkapellet (The Royal Swedish Orchestra) has been at the heart of Swedish culture for almost 500 years. Founded in 1526 as the orchestra to the Royal Court, it became the orchestra of the Royal Swedish Opera in 1773. Today, Kungliga Hovkapellet consists of 105 musicians. It performs around 200 operas and ballets each season along with regular symphonic and chamber concerts.